Friday, October 23, 2015

Homegrown Goodness

There is nothing better than a fresh picked strawberry. Every year when our little patch ripens, we all get so excited to start picking and sampling to see how delicious they are this year...they don't usually last too long!


I wanted to go with some bright colors on this layout. I used some older Ell's Studio and Chic Tags products on here, and they worked perfectly with the story and photo. Lots of layers, to add interest and dimension.


Since I had kept the photo and all of the heavier layers centralized, I wanted to put small clusters in opposite corners. This way I could add in a little more embellishing, and my jouraling without overwhelming the center of the layout.


I loved how the brighter colors and patterns really popped off of this background paper. I also loved that how by placing my photo and layers in the center, this paper pointed into that from all angles, so that even with two opposing clusters, the focus still comes in to the photo.


No comments: